In addition to the usual reviews and comments you would find on a horror movie blog, this is also a document of the wonderfully vast horror movie section of the video store I worked at in my youth.

Monday, February 20, 2012

Slumber Party At The Underground!


For this week's WIHM festivities, I'm going to focus on some ladies who work behind the camera. Today, I'm focusing on editor/screenwriter/director Amy Holden Jones. Last week, I checked out Rue Morgue's screening of Slumber Party Massacre, and was very glad to see that it still holds up. It's a lot funnier than I remembered and the killer Russ Thorn is quite a departure from most of that era. The screening included a Q&A via Skype with the director Jones herself, moderated by RM editor Dave Alexander that you can hear below. Sorry about the shitty audio at times, but I think you can make most of it out.



Unfortunately, my battery died before the conclusion of the interview, but the last two questions went like so.

Alexander: What are you working on now, and would you like to do another horror movie?

Jones: Well, I was attached to direct a remake of The Entity for a time, but that fell through. I currently have a spec script that I want to do if I can get the money together. But yeah, I've love to do another horror movie. They're a lot of fun.

Alexander: What advice would you give to any female, or male for that matter, who wants to get started in the business.

Jones: Shoot something, just get out and do it. If you sit around waiting for someone to give you a job, it'll never happen. Write a script and shoot it. If you can't write, get a script and shoot it. You need something that will get you noticed. That's really the most important advice I can give.

No comments: