In addition to the usual reviews and comments you would find on a horror movie blog, this is also a document of the wonderfully vast horror movie section of the video store I worked at in my youth.

Friday, December 9, 2011

THS Turns 4!

Unbelievable I know, but The Horror Section was birthed into the world four years ago today! As this marker approached, I was racking my brain trying to figure out how to celebrate. I'd already done something cute, informative and then nostalgic for the one, two & three annum milestones respectively, so where was I to go from there? It then dawned on me that I should involve VHS somehow, as it was the reason I started this whole thing in the first place. In my mind's eye, I envisioned a monument of sorts... an obelisk if you will.


Yes, your eyes don't deceive you. That IS a 3 by 6 foot tower of VHS cassettes. Three hundred and sixty of them to be exact. You can click the image for a closer look, or go here for a better sense of scale.

Thanks to everyone who keeps on coming by to check out my humble ramblings. I think I still have a few more years left in me, so I guess I'll be around a while yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Next year is 'S'?